Wednesday, May 11, 2005

the lights! the lights!

Hey, I'm kinda good at this waitressing thing. Maybe I should look into THAT as my new future...

I did sneak out for ten minutes, however, to catch a glimpse of the red carpet. Tonight was the big opening, and the place was PACKED with people jostling to see the tuxedoed inhabitants of the scarlet rug. Just as I walked out, I saw Charlotte Gainsburg ride by, so I paused for a minute to watch her walk up on the jumbotron. Someday it will be me, I tell you. And what I mean by that is that probably tomorrow I'm going to put on my gown and get my two new friends to put on their tuxedos and accompany me, and then I hear if you look sharp enough and act snooty enough, they put tickets in your hand and let you walk and be photographed. We'll see how it goes.

Now the American Pavilion is a bit busier than before with photographers uploading all of their photographs. You can tell them without even looking over their shoulder because they all crank their heads to the side to look at their portrait shots flipped sideways straight off their camera. It's a cute sight.

Now there's a huge ship in the harbor flashing lights at the windows, not sure what that's about. We have to stay up a bit longer to prepare for a Dreamworks party that we're catering nearly all day tomorrow. Hey! This is fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home